Buttle Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buttle Buddies

Jeffrey Buttle's Official Fan Club Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!

Go down 
+9
patricia_ld88
AlixRAWR
chaseystarz
Aneck-Su-Namun
singerskates
skatingfan1982
missflick
Norie
TRAxel
13 posters
AuthorMessage
TRAxel
Admin
Admin
TRAxel

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Empty
PostSubject: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Welcome!

My name is Terri, a huge figure skating fan from London ON, Canada. I've been following Jeff's career since I first watched him skate in Barrie at the Mariposa Gala in 1998. I love many figure skaters, but Jeff is my all time favourite! I have been married for 4.5 years to a great man who totally understands my skating obsession Laughing he's even attending a few events with me!

Share a little something about yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.buttlebuddies.com/
Norie
Norie

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is NoraLynn or as most of you know me "Norie".That is actually my nickname that was given to me many years ago by my brother and sister. :geek: Somehow it stuck. Razz I am a dental assistant and the Mom of two great kids.I am living in Prince Edward Island.I really love it here but we don't get enough skating events here. Crying or Very sad I usually end up having to go to Nova Scotia(Halifax) for my live skating fixes.I just adore Jeff's skating. Pink Heart I look forward to meeting some of you here and having some great chats. sunny
Back to top Go down
missflick
missflick

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:26 am

If any of you recognize my posting name, it is because I post on Skate Today and FSU.

And I decided to join here. Smile
Back to top Go down
TRAxel
Admin
Admin
TRAxel

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:55 am

Hello missflick! I have seen you at both places Smile WELCOME!
Back to top Go down
skatingfan1982
Jeff Fan
Jeff Fan
skatingfan1982

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 1:39 pm

I thought I introduced myself here already, but can't find my post, so I'll do it again.

My name is Charlotte, I live in Victoria but grew up in Vancouver. I work in childcare. I enjoy reading, surfing the net, watching select things on TV, and hanging out with friends and family. Among other things. I love watching figure skating, I have loved it since the 1994 games in Lillehammer. Back then my favourites were G&G. I've been following Jeff's career since I guess about the end of 2005 -- I went through a time when I wasn't watching skating as I was living in the states for university, and the fact that there was 1 TV and 4 girls, as well as the lack of Canadian coverage, had a lot to do with that.! LOL I did follow it, and read everything there was to read about the 2002 SLC Games, just didn't watch it on TV. Except for the victorious medal ceremony for J&D after they got their golds that a fellow canadian at my school so graciously taped for me!

I make a point of going to Stars On Ice every year, and whenever any skating comps come to town I try to go to those too.

I look forward to chatting with many of you and making a lot of new friends. I have the same screenname on jb.com, and you can find me on facebook as well.
Back to top Go down
singerskates
singerskates

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi everyone,

Some of you already know me from other forums and some of you don't. I am a mom of 2 grown up adult (22 & 23) young ladies and have been married for almost as long as Jeff is old. I will be married for 25 years on Sept. 10, 2008 to my drummer Chrysler inspection worker Dan. I have an accounting certificate which I didn't use very long. Job went to Toronto. I'm a singer songwriter in a group with my husband Dan called Nanosecond. And you guessed it, I am also a nationally ranked Canadian adult figure skater (at this point, my skating is no where near the universe of Jeff Buttle's skating but I love to skate and compete).

I've been interested in Jeff's skating from the day, I read Jeff complain online in a skating forum when he was 14, that he was no good because he couldn't do the jumps and emailed with Jeff a few times to encourage him. Glad I did. Then in the fall of 1999 Jeff came to Windsor, ON to compete in the 2000 Central Divisionals where I was volunteering as an ice captain for some of the practice events including the senior mens events. This is where both Jeff and I put faces with our internet ID's together. The next time I'd see Jeff in person was the 2005 Skate Canada Championships when I was walking in the stands after the exhibition and Jeff yelled out, "Singerskates!" Just recently, I was to have met up with Jeff in Barrie but I missed the 1:30 PM show because we had just drove up from our 2008 Skate Canada Adult Championships in Brampton, ON and didn't stick around the show rink and opted to go to Mariposa. I wonder if Jeff was in the car that was following me when I left Mariposa because as soon as the car full of young men rolled up in the parking lot, that car followed me out of the parking lot. My skater friend that was with me in my car had phoned ahead just as we rolled in telling one of her friends from the days when she was skating at the Barrie Club, that we had made it safely into town. Also, when we picked up our tickets, I bumped into my friend Greg Myles while the first show was almost over. Hmmmm. Anyway, that is the history of why I am interested in Jeff's skating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicinit.com
Aneck-Su-Namun
Aneck-Su-Namun

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:28 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Eleonora, I'm a law student and I'm from Italy. I'm completly in love with figure skating! I discovered this magic sport only in 2006 becouse the Olympic games were played in Torino, so in my homecountry! since that moment I started to support Jeffrey Buttle with all my heart and my soul: he was the only skater able to give me great emotions while skating:) I'm happy to join in this forum becouse where I live none loves so much figure skating (everyone is only a soccer addicted!) or knows the existence of a skater such as Jeffrey!Sad Anyway apart from figure skating I love reading, listening to the music ( my favourite band is a german one-Tokio hotel!), going to the cinema and obviously as a good italian, soccer!Very Happy
I hope to meet new people and to have great chats!Smile kisses:*
Back to top Go down
TRAxel
Admin
Admin
TRAxel

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Thank you Charlotte, Brigette & Eleonora for sharing! Glad you are here! rabbit

Eleonora, why not sign up for a Buttle Buddy number? flower
Back to top Go down
chaseystarz
chaseystarz

Number of posts : 7
Humor : Madness in general.
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:16 pm

HI everybody!

I'm Sabra from Wichita. Some may know as chaseystarz from jb.com.

I've been a figure skating fan since I was four. It was my grandmother and mom that got me into watching. I didn't start taking lessons until we got a rink here in Wichita, Kansas when I was a teenager. To this day I am still working on my scratch spin.

My skating partner and I just did our very first ice show at our rink.

I'm currently working my way up in the tennis line umpire ranks. I have just landed my first big professional event in New Haven, Conn at the Pilot Pen. I'm scared and excited at the same time.

I'm also dyslexic. So I have tendency to misspell things or turn things around.

In my spare time when I am not skating I enjoy tennis, reading, watching my fav TV show Top Gear, chatting to others on the net, and my new found hobby of rescuing and rehabing plants that are on the sale racks at Lowes and then turing into pot gardening. My front porch is starting to look like a jungle.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Back to top Go down
TRAxel
Admin
Admin
TRAxel

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi Sabra! Thank you so much for sharing so much about yourself! Smile
Congrats on your first show skate and good luck working your way up the tennis umpire ranks!
Back to top Go down
AlixRAWR
AlixRAWR

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:41 am

Hey!
Im Alix. I've been a HUGE fan of Jeff as long as I can remember. I think I really got into watching when I was about five or six. I really love skating, but I have a short attention span. Basically, I have a hard time memorizing my routines. Though, I have been able to teach my cousin most of Jeff's routines. She's a huge fan of Jeff as well. That's pretty much it.
:)Alix
Back to top Go down
patricia_ld88

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Patty, i`m from lima-peru. i finished a short career (international business) and now i`m a law student...
i`m 19 years old and the first time i saw Jeff skating was at the age of... 16.
i wasn´t really interested in figure ice skating, but now is my life!

just a few friends like figure ice skating, so i can`t really talk to them `bout my favorite ice skater... Jeff Buttle....
Back to top Go down
TRAxel
Admin
Admin
TRAxel

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi Alix & Patty... thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Heidi

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi everybody !

My name's Alizée, I am 15 years old and I come from Basel, Switzerland.
I love figure skating and a lot of figure skaters, but I don't use to skate =(
I am a real fan of Jeffrey Buttle and I'm happy to have found this forum =)
Back to top Go down
TRAxel
Admin
Admin
TRAxel

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:50 am

Welcome Alizee!!
Back to top Go down
Little Bee
Little Bee

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:36 pm

Hello, everybody!
My name is Kate and I'm from Switzerland.
I love figure skating, it seems, all my life! I began watching it when I was 3, because my Mom loved (and loves!) it very much.
I like many skaters: Mao Asada and Yu-Na Kim, Yukari Nakano... Jessica&Bryce, Xue&Hongbo... Tessa&Scott.. But most of all, of course, I like Jeff!!! Very Happy
I think, he's THE BEST SKATER ON OUR PLANET!!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
laire
laire

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Oops! Just now I have understood, that I didn't tell anything about myself:)

So, my name is Anna (you can call me "Anne" or something in other way Smile ). I live in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. I'm a University student (I study book keeping) and work on my speciality.
I adore figure skating! I have many favourite skaters, but Jeff is special for me. He is amazing skater and amazing person (I can say it again and again flower ). Unfortunately, my friend in "real" life don't divide my biggest hobby. So I felt lonely. But than Internet came to my life Smile I've found people with common interests. That was great! I didn't register on foreign forums (I shy because of my English). But it's pleasure for me to find something new about my favourite sportsmen and I want to share it with many othr people. So I'm here Laughing
Yeah, I've lost many photos and articles, so now I try to catch everyting interesting. Hope, we'll be good friends Wink
Back to top Go down
Cédric
Cédric

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:45 am

hello everybody ! my name is Cédric, I'm french (so excuse me if my english is not perfect ) and even if in France we have got good skaters we haven't got one like jeff Buttle Crying or Very sad
I don't practice skate but i love this sport wich passionate me .
I'm a student, in law, and i'm glad to have found a place to talk about my favourite skater, in my town, not far away of the beach, it's not easy to find people with the same passion for ice skate or for jeff.
Now you know, more or less, who I am ...
Back to top Go down
TRAxel
Admin
Admin
TRAxel

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:07 pm

Thanks for sharing Little Bee, laire & Cédric Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!   Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting To Know You - Introduce Yourself!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Buttle Buddies :: Buttle Buddies-
Jump to: